Programme and speakers
IDPE’s vision is to enable all schools to develop cultures of community engagement and philanthropic support, so that they can provide the best educational experience for young people. In the current period of political and economic uncertainty, it is more important than ever for schools to explore alternative ways of generating income.
The IDPE 2020 Annual Conference aims to provide you with the expertise and confidence to thrive during times of change and play an active part in leading change at your school.
‘The programme was packed with challenging content delivered by the best in their fields.’
The 2020 programme
- Over 35 sessions across five streams delivered by experienced speakers from across the education and charitable sectors, will provide you with practical tips, insights into current trends and best practice.
- After a successful first year, the personal effectiveness stream returns to the conference to help you take a step back and focus on your personal wellbeing and develop your professional skills.
- For 2020 there will be increased opportunities for small group discussions and networking with a session dedicated to facilitated roundtables.
- Product showcases will give you the opportunity to see first-hand how products and services tailored to the schools’ development sector can support your development programme.
- The one-on-one fundraising clinics will give you an opportunity to discuss your specific questions or challenges with an expert from the development sector.
Although we aim for as little movement as possible, please note that the day and time of sessions is subject to change.
Find out more about our different streams
We all have a role to play in leading change. At a time of increasing political instability, this year’s conference will focus on how as individuals, we can learn to positively embrace change; how as development teams, we can embed a cultural change in our schools and engage our communities in philanthropic giving; and how as a sector, we can adapt to and influence the changing landscape, to continue to provide the best educational opportunities for our young people.
Monday 8 June 2020: Day one
09:30-10:30 | Registration and networking for first-time delegates
10:30-11:30 | Opening and keynote address
11:40-12:40 | Session 1
12:40-13:40 | Lunch with sponsors and exhibitors
13:00-13:40 | Lunchtime workshops and clinics
13:45-14:35 | Session 2
14:45-15:35 | Session 3
15:35-16:15 | Afternoon tea with sponsors and exhibitors
16:25-17:15 | Session 4
17:25-17:45 | IDPE 2020 Annual General Meeting
17:45-19:15 | Free time
19:15-19:45 | IDPE 2020 Development Awards Drinks Reception
19:45-22:30 | IDPE 2020 Development Awards Dinner
Tuesday 9 June 2020: Day two
08:30-09:30 | Registration
09:30-10:15 | Session 1
10:25-11:10 | Morning plenary
11:10-11:55 | Mid-morning coffee with sponsors and exhibitors
12:00-13:00 | Session 2
13:00-14:00 | Lunch with sponsors and exhibitors
13:10-13:50 | Lunchtime workshops and clinics
14:00-15:00 | Session 3
15:10-15:45 | Roundtable session